In the Spring of 2016, the EDGE programme continues its EDGE Open Research Seminars. Unless otherwise indicated, the research seminars take place from 12:00 till 14:00 in room 2.03 (+2 floor) or the Voltaire room (+1 floor) (Karel Van Miert-building, Pleinlaan 5).
2016 Spring Programme
- Thursday 14 January 2016 (Voltaire IES, +1 floor): Mihnea Tanasescu - Presentation of study: How to make a wild animal.
- Thursday 28 January 2016 (Voltaire IES, +1 floor): Aleksandra Seliverstova - Presentation of study: Consumer citizenship and the Estonian-Russian competition in Talinn.
- Thursday 11 February 2016 (Room 2.03, +2 floor): Bernard Fournier - Presentation of study: Reactions to conflicts and perceptions of politics: using video recordings in class for data collection.
- Thursday 25 February 2016 (Room 2.03, +2 floor): Christof Roos - Presentation of study: How to put genie back into the bottle? The politicization of EU freedom of movement, policy change and its effects in Germany and the UK.
- Thursday 10 March 2016 (Voltaire IES, +1 floor): Jamal Shahin & Trisha Meyer - Presentation of study: Legitimising international governance: multistakeholder processes and democratic engagement in internet governance.
- Thursday 07 April 2016: Spring Break—No Seminar
- Thursday 21 April 2016 (Room 2.03, +2 floor): Allan Muller - Presentation of study: Megaproject or megadeadlock? Dismantling the parliamentary debate in Flanders on the construction yard of the century.
- Thursday 05 May 2016: Holiday—No Seminar
- Tuesday 17 May 2016 (Lisbon IES, -1 floor): Methods Roundtable: Selection and Recruitment of Participants - Speakers: Kris Deshouwer (survey), Ilke Adam (focus groups), Didier Caluwaerts (experiments), Eline Severs (elite interviews) and Claire Dupont (moderator) *** Please note! This roundtabel exceptionally takes plance on Tuesday. ***
- Thursday 19 May 2016 (Voltaire IES, +1 floor): Maria Penarrubia Banon - Presentation of study: Mechanisms and structures for representation in the EU.
- Thursday 09 June 2016 (Room 2.03, +2 floor): Florian Trauner - Presentation of study: The regulation of mobility for asylum seekers in Europe.
- Wednesday 22 June 2016 (Voltaire IES, +1 floor): Gianluca Sgueo - Presentation of study: Civil society networks and democracy at the global level. *** Please note! This seminar has been rescheduled to Wednesday. ***